Dental veneers a new dimension to dental science. It has completely changed the meaning of dental surgery. Today, people are more conscious about their health and mouth or teeth are the most noticed part of the body. So you have to be conscious of that. For the beauty of teeth nowadays people do many things and science has discovered so many things to beautify ourselves. Just make the best use of that privilege.
Most of the common people don’t know what is veneer-
“It is a thin layer of material that is placed on the tooth to protect it or beautify it”
There are two types of veneers
- Composite: In this procedure veneer is directly placed on the tooth
- Dental porcelain: Here the veneer is bonded to the tooth.
Dental veneers can simply change your smile. The causes why people use veneers are-
- It lasts for 10 to 15 years which is cost friendly and beneficiary
- It is made of materials so it can way better protect your tooth from decay
- Easily match with your teeth color so its looks like natural
- It is made with your tooth measurement so there is no chance of fitting problem
- The Procedure is short, mainly takes only two visits
- The most favorite one – Veneers are stain proof. You can eat whatever you want and forget about the stain in your teeth.
- If you have tooth decay or broken tooth veneers are the savior for you.
- Veneers enhance your beauty and make you confident.
Dental Veneers – How it is done??
It involves some steps to do veneers. As it takes 2 days, so there are some steps that need time. So the steps are:
Step 1: At first the extra part or the extra thick part of the tooth is trimmed out to make it easy to place veneers.
Step 2: Then the shade of your teeth is traced so that the veneers look natural and get mixed with other teeth.
Step 3: The most important part – The impression of your teeth is taken with a putty
Step 4: Then temporary veneers are placed if needed as making veneers in laboratory take time.
Step 5: Then after checking all the things like color and size the final veneer will be placed on your teeth.
The steps may include some other process also as matching the color and keeping the size perfect is not easy. So the process is not as easy as it seems. It is crucial because a little difference in size and color can damage the whole thing.
Dental veneers – What are the after effects??
Dental veneers is a blessing for them who have broken or damaged teeth. But as we know everything has a bad side. So what problem can cause a veneer? The possible problem can be-
- Just imagine the color of all the teeth is not matching. Horrible right? Exactly that happens with dental veneers. As veneer is stain proof so its color remains the same. But the color of our teeth changes with time so there is a chance that your teeth color will me multicolored.
- The second issue is when the veneer is not placed properly. It can cause discomfort and other serious problem.
- Before placing veneers dentist needs to remove extra enamel. This matter does not suit the sensitive teeth, as a result, there can be a serious infection.
- People with certain habits cannot go for veneers. For example, people who grind or clench their teeth will damage their veneer with that habit.
We have so many things to adorn us. Now no lackings can lag us behind. We have treatment of every disease. So we just need to make proper use of it and keep in mind that excess of anything is never good.